3 Sure Ways to Kill Your SCOBY! So DON’T do these things!
- Washing any of your Kombucha brewing supplies with soap, it will kill the bacteria and yeast in the SCOBY making it useless
- Using tap water in your brew, the chlorine will kill it
- Placing it in too hot or cold water, it must always be room temperature
For each batch that you brew, you will create a new SCOBY. Aside from keeping extra in a hotel, some things you can do with them are…
- Share with friends and family
- Use them for test brews with different types of tea or coffee
- Feed them to your pets
- Stick them in your compost/garden/soil
- Blend it a food processor and use on skin
- Cut a small piece of and use for wounds, boils, cuts, etc.